Who we are
1BENMU is all about Superior designs and Elegant furniture.
Our specialists in Scarborough have an extreme eye for detail and specialize in designing unique handcrafted pieces. Given that, we will make sure that your home or commercial space is functional, practical and beautiful.
At 1BENMU, we also guarantee to manufacture amazing furniture pieces by using 100% solid wood and sustainably harvested materials and superior craftsmanship that will fit exactly your specific needs.
Learn more about
Let meet our creative and talented Woodworkers & Designers
- Henry is a designer and furniture specialist. He is the head craftsman and he maintains the high standards and keeps everything in line and organized. He is an Environmental and Furniture Designer from OCAD University and additionally an OCAD instructor.
- Alex is a Bachelor of Arts Degree holder with a major in Industrial design at OCAD. He has the skill to draw our woodworking products with 3D modelling software in order to facilitate the revolution of craft, practicality and aesthetically. He has experience in Model Making, APP Prototyping, Arduino, Keyshot, Rhino 3D, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Wenxiang is an Industrial Designer. He has hands-on experience in developing various creative designs and advanced working knowledge. Finally, he has technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Rhino 3D, Solidworks and KeyShot. He specialized in dining tables & real wood table tops.
- Sam is a Bachelor of Design Degree Holder and a professional woodworker. He is the crafty and creative one, especially when it comes to unique Charcuterie boards. He loves doing all the finicky fine details behind the scene. Sam is passionate to create something tangible that may enrich people’s lives with the language of furniture. Finally, he believes that functionality and the aesthetics of the piece are both ideals in a good design.
- Jacob is a talented young professional in the furniture/industrial design industry. He already has more than dozens of designs and projects in his portfolio, such as the traditional solid wood chair set. He is a strong craftsman who is capable of making products out of simple material.